don't read this post, it's not for you.

July 9: six senses 

Today we saw a Buddha made of Jade
And smelled Babas House
And ate the softest mango I’ve ever eaten
And smelled a plumeria
And added vodka to Thai tea (and loved it)
And was blessed with holy water from a monk and touched hand painted walls

below the surface

July 11: sacred flavor

If we made eating food a sacred experience we wouldn’t indulge in it as much as we do

Wa

July 12: post grad

I can feel myself coming out of this growth period in which I had no opinion on things. I’ve been unbothered and easy going to the needs of those around me but now feel as if I can check in with my myself and ask, “is this what I really want?” Going forward I can take control of situations that do not negatively impact me in the future because of present moment indifference.



Koh Krom Noi sailing from Pattaya

July 14: happiness
I don’t know which makes me happier: playing with elephants or watching my dad wear sandals and interact with nature.

Joy

July 30: learning Thai

Chad chun Cassi: my name is Cassi
Kon chun ally: what’s your name
Hong nam: bathroom
Jai yin yin: heart cool down/calm down
Sabai: be well and don’t stress

street faces

August 6: sick for home

I close my eyes I see the kitchen table full I see my sister dancing in front of a mirror I see my mother laughing with her eyes closed I see my father arms open right after he walks through the door I see the trees in my neighborhood covered in snow.
I can hear my brothers funny joke somewhere behind corner in my house I can feel my lover pulling me by the hand already 3 feet ahead of me I can hear the birds chirping the minute I wake up in a white room.

Chatuchak

August 8: growing up?

I can feel the gears in my head clicking into place

REC Cafe

August 11: observations

I feel like I need to write all of this down. Pocket every moment. But I can’t find time to put my head down. This life isn’t real. The blind women crossing lethal intersections. Mutilated beggars signings karaoke. Thai masseuses without boundaries. The trains packed beyond capacity filled with silent strangers who CAN keep their hands to themselves. Southeast Asian models towed by burnt out, overworn business men. Cultural land mines placed everywhere, me: unsure what I did to insult someone. Those look like noodles, I’ll take a plate of those and whatever kind of meat that is. Tastes good and spicy enough to kill any mild disease. Screens everywhere. They burn my cornea and stimulate my attentiveness. I barely stay awake to stay fed. 

saturday in Chatuchak

August 13: need to do

Escapade Burgers
The speakeasy rooftop bars
Ratchada and holy shrimp
Rod Fai train night
Talad neon market
Art box
​Muay Thai Boxing Match
Sumo wrestling? 

the land of smiles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Finally Acknowledge the Elephant

April 2019

WWOOFing: week 5; for future WWOOFers