Doing Wellington

Hello!

It has been quite some time since I have been able to connect to wifi and awake enough to post. Now I am in Wellington, showered, eaten, still haven't slept, but ready to do some typing!

This little plastic bag (me) has been floating through some pretty freaking awesome landscapes and I could not comprehend life, let alone BLOG about it. But before my memory runs out of storage, I must document all the places I have gone!

First of all.....

I’m getting really used to this sight


for 5-8 hours at a time

Let's see, where did I leave off...?

Queenstown
the greenest little city on the water, made of pub crawls and waterfalls










Fork Farm/ Romney Sheep
the mainland money-maker























Wanaka
lunch stop, but with views like this, who thinks they aren't dreaming?




Aoraki
"Cloud Piercer." Quite possibly the most humbling hike I have ever been on. 

























Lake Pukaki
A next level color of blue that I still cannot find words for









Church of the Good Shepherd
A place where 30 strangers could walk in, sit down, and pray and it being the most appropriate action. When I opened my eyes and we all were crying, I felt at home.






Akaroa/ Onuku Zenbu Farm
stargazing teepees, sheep, chickens, and ocean views AKA my honeymoon destination







This is the life I have been dreaming about and I wish I could tell you how it tastes, but I am having a hard time believing it is real. 








Poetry has become my main form of expression and I am MILKING this new talent...


I can’t understand my teachers with accents so thick.
I’m on the other side of the world, and not a bit homesick.
The water’s clean, grass is green.
I haven’t met a person who has acted kind of mean.
I’ll explore the day, and get lost at night
You’d be surprised by how many stories my legs could write
Sore from climbing, scarred from scratches
In Doubtful Sound sand flies ate me by the batches.
 5:30 am adventure? I’ll be ready let’s go.
I haven’t slept much so I might walk a little slow.
Let’s talk about your dreams and whether or not they have come true.
Like how I have swam in waters made of magical shades of blue.
Mom, if you're reading this, send detergent, 'cause I'm smelling a ton
But other than that I'm doing Wellington!





Comments

  1. You are living the dream
    So lets sit and watch the moonbeam
    With mountains so high
    I bet you feel you can touch the sky!
    You may smell a bit
    But it's lit!
    You may feel like a bag in the wind
    Keep your feet on the ground and don't cry, grin
    I miss you bunches
    But your blog fulfills my hunches!
    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Finally Acknowledge the Elephant

April 2019

WWOOFing: week 5; for future WWOOFers