WWOOFing: week 5; for future WWOOFers

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY READ THIS

There are many things I have learned from this experience living in Hawaii/ working for my room and board/ finding fun things to do when you have no friends. Whether you are vacationing, exploring, homeless, bored, travelling WHATEVER, I think this post will be conducive to anyone who needs to know the basics on traveling in Hawaii. 

Something I, personally, struggle with...
Packing

All I brought on this trip was a duffle bag of clothing, backpack of extra toys/ toiletries, and a sleeping bag. 

Clothing: that will have to vary and depend on where you go and what you are doing. Since I was working on a farm, I brough about five shirts and shorts I can get dirty and two nice outfits that are in exchangeable. I brought more shoes that I needed, but I worked everyday in Tivas and walked around daily in flip flops. 

Toiletries


These are the basics, nothing special. 

Some essential toilettries I recommend to everyone no matter where they are going... 


(From left to right) 
Detangler: for girls with a mane like mine 

Dr. Bronner's soap: 100% natural and can be used to clean ANYTHING. Can take the place of shampoo, detergent, dish soap, face wash, ect, and save a lot of room 

Homemade toothpaste: 
baking soda + coconut oil + essential oil

Contact solution

Vaseline with cocoa butter: I put it on my eyes and lips at night. Someone told me it prevents bags and wrinkles. Since I've started I can't sleep without it

Deodorant 

Tea Tree Oil: natural antiseptic, use it to clean zits or cuts; 100% natural 

Jojoba Oil: my new moisturizer, made of oils naturally found on your face so there's no chemicals with secret intentions of drying skin out. I use it everyday on my face and also after shaving. 

And can't forget these...


One is from Trader Joe's and one from Whole Foods.
Just make sure your coconut oil is:
1) organic 2) unrefined 3) easy to seal 
This magical shit can work as moisturizer on your whole body or sub in cooking for olive oil or butter. Coconut oil is saturated with fatty acids that are good for you. Whichever way you absorb them, you will benefit!! 

Now that you're packed, 
what to do once you're there?!?!

Once we found friends, fun things happened. But, if you're anti-social, no worries, here is a list of things you can go do on your solo adventures. 

IF YOURE ON THE EAST SIDE 

Kapoho/Pahoa; geothermic hot pools 


Waipio Valley 


Onomea Bay 



Seven Falls (secret spot near Rainbow Falls) 



IF YOURE ON THE SOUTH SIDE 

Ailani Macnut Farms!



South Point Cliffs 



Green Sands Beach 



Punalu'u Black Sand Beach



Volcano National Park 



IF YOURE ON THE WEST SIDE 

Magic Sands white beach 


Polulu Valley 
(We hiked up not down) 



Lava Tube swim 



End Of The World cliff jumps 


Manta Ray dive 



Due to lack of time, we never got to experience a few things. If I was on the west side longer I would go see the observatory on top of Mauna Kea, swim with Tiger Sharks, and attempted surfing/ swimming with dolphins. 

Reasons you should make friends with the locals:

Wild boar and Úlu dinners 


Best snorkeling spots 


Playing with their baby pigs 


Eating the catch of the day/ learning how to gut a fish 


Sunset boat rides 


Visit their pot farms



Come to Hawaii and live with reckless abandon and aloha. Hitch a ride, atleast once, and explore 11 of the world's 13 climates. Mauna means "island spirit" and this island will chew you up and spit you out if you do not respect her! This island is alive!!!! Oh, and if you see a woman in a white dress walking on the side of the road, pick her up. She might be Pele, the lava goddess and she could save you from a possible lava flow. 


I love you!!! 



























 




Comments

  1. WOW so much love for you Cassi! This is beautiful and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassian! I am dumbfounded I haven't stumbled upon this sooner. You are such an inspiring and beautiful soul. So happy I have a friend like you. Both challenging me to better myself, and inspiring me to grow!
    I love you my sister. Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Finally Acknowledge the Elephant

April 2019